The Global Imperative to Address the Plastic-Climate Nexus
Hosted by: Abt Associates
In recent years, the climate community has increasingly focused on the climate impacts of methane from the waste sector. However, plastic production and waste management is another major contributor to climate change and environmental degradation. This session will open with an overview of the climate and health impacts of the plastic lifecycle. Speakers will share upstream and downstream interventions and solutions to the plastic pollution crisis, with an emphasis on how the global climate community can advocate and engage on this issue.
- Amy Rowland, Senior Analyst, Abt Associates
- Aditi Ramola, Technical Director, International Solid Waste Association (ISWA)
- Russell Armstrong, Senior Director - Campaigns and Advocacy, Hip Hop Caucus
- Kaushik Chandrasekhar, Assistant Programme Management Officer, UN Environment Programme (UNEP) India Office
- Gideon Singer, Senior Geospatial Analyst, Abt Associates