Harnessing the Power of Nature in Achieving 1.5
Hosted by: The Climate Center and the Resources Legacy Fund
This panel discussion will examine the relationship between nature and climate, drawing from real-world examples and case studies, to demonstrate the interconnectedness between the two that make advancing 30×30 and nature-based solutions necessary in advancing larger-scale state, federal, and international climate goals and agreements, including preventing the planet’s temperature from exceeding 1.5 degrees celsius from preindustrial times. Hear from experts on how nature-based solutions and efforts to achieve 30×30 have been leveraged to significantly reduce greenhouse gas emissions and strengthen resilience of people and nature to worsening climate impacts; and how to scale these efforts up to maximize their impact as a climate solution. At the end of the panel discussion, there will be an opportunity to test your knowledge on nature-based strategies and win a small prize!
- Carlo Fadda, Director, Biodiversity for Food and Agriculture, Alliance of Biodiversity & CIAT, leader of Nature Positive Initiative, CGIAR
- Nathan Henry, Program Director, U.S. Nature 4 Climate
- Secretary Christina Snider, Tribal Affairs Advisor to Governor Gavin Newsom
- Jad Daley, President and CEO, American Forests
- Jaymee Go, Policy Officer, Resources Legacy Fund