How is USAID mitigating methane emissions as a co-benefit of solid waste management, sanitation, and dairy productivity programs in developing countries?
The United States launched the Global Methane Pledge during COP26. In support of the United States Government’s effort to continue highlighting the importance of methane mitigation in keeping the 1.5-degree warmer future during COP27, USAID will showcase the methane mitigation support it has provided to partner countries during the past year. The panel discussion will bring together implementing partners of USAID programs in Kenya and the Dominican Republic who will discuss how their respective programs contribute to reducing methane emissions. The audience will learn about USAID’s commitment to methane mitigation, and methane mitigation co-benefits including improving public health and agricultural productivity.
- Malick Haidara, Senior Climate and Energy Advisor, USAID
- Tracy Mitchell, Director of Resilience and Climate Adaptation, RTI International
- Andrew Foote, CEO, Co-Founder, Sanivation
- Jon Angin, CCBO Chief of Party, Tetra Tech
- Lindsay Foley, Director of Climate and Clean Energy, Abt Associates (Moderator)