Future Fuels: The Case for Hydrogen
There is currently an estimated $42 billion-worth of green hydrogen-related projects being planned across the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). The United Arab Emirates, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Egypt have made hydrogen ambitions and commitments; UAE aims to capture 25% of the global hydrogen fuel market by 2030 and Saudi Arabia $36bln of hydrogen investments by 2030. This panel will discuss the economic, commercial, technical and regulatory requirements critical for the successful transition to hydrogen.
- Dr. Julio Friedmann, Chief Scientist, CarbonDirect
- Manuel Kuhn, Global VP Sustainable Energy Systems, Siemens Energy
- Sarah Usmani, Managing Director, Head of Sustainable, Asset & Project Finance, First Abu Dhabi Bank
- Patrick Herhold, Managing Director & Partner Munich, BCG
- Noel Aoun, Executive Director of Strategy, TAQA
- Shargiil Bashir, Chief Sustainability Officer, First Abu Dhabi Bank - FAB (Moderator)