Delivering High Integrity Climate Solutions: The Role of Nature
Achieving the Paris targets will require deep decarbonization throughout all sectors of the economy, as well as leveraging all available tools to channel finance towards natural climate solutions. Carbon markets have been a primary source for funding natural climate solutions to date, but to be durable and just, the markets must define and demonstrate high integrity throughout the value chain and ensure robust benefit sharing to give confidence to all actors, including governments, the private sector, civil society and forest communities. Building upon a high integrity and just framework can unlock the scale needed to achieve credible and durable climate solutions from nature.
- Richard Saines ONM, Managing Director, Pollination and TCR Board Member (Moderator)
- Marcene Mitchell, Senior Vice President for Climate Finance, WWF -US
- Hon. Senator Henry Stern, California 27th Senate District (D)
- John O. Niles, Senior Manager, Natural Climate Solutions, Salesforce
- Juan Carlos Jintiach, Advisor, COICA