Delivering High Integrity Climate Solutions: The Role of Green Banks
Achieving the Paris targets will require deep decarbonization throughout all sectors of the economy, and trillions of dollars of investments in climate solutions. Unlocking the scale of finance needed will require purpose built green financial institutions that can help convene key stakeholders, curate viable pipelines of investable opportunities and mitigate certain risks for private investors, all tailored for local circumstances and needs. Green Banks are a successful model for effectively channeling public capital to leverage private capital to deliver real climate solutions and positive outcomes in communities in both developed and developing economies. This panel will hear from some of the leaders in building the green bank institutional framework to achieve our climate and capital mobilization objectives.
- Richard Saines ONM, Managing Director, Pollination and TCR Board Member (Moderator)
- Hon. Principal Secretary, The National Treasury, Kenya, Dr. Chris Kiptoo, CBS – TBC
- Hon. Senator Henry Stern, California 27th Senate District (D)
- Audrey-Cynthia Yamadjako, Climate & Environmental Trust Funds Management, African Development Bank
- Craig Weise, Chief Executive, New Zealand Green Investment Bank