Climate Finance Innovation in a High Interest Rate World: Opportunities to Unlock Climate Finance in Emerging Markets
During a decade of extraordinarily low global interest rates, global climate finance nearly doubled in size. Since interest rates began climbing, private investment has fallen, government discretionary budgets have tightened, and public and private distressed debt has risen. In this event, we will discuss how climate financiers can actively become agents of transformation under higher interest rates and lead the charge to identify, innovate, and adapt to this new economic environment.
- Manuel Bueno, Director Climate Finance, Abt Associates
- Vikram Widge, Senior Advisor, Climate Policy Institute
- Jiwoo Choi, Chief Strategy Officer, Acumen
- Amal-Lee Amin, Managing Director and Head Climate Change, British International Investment
- Jane Wilkinson, Senior Advisor Climate Change, Abt Associate (Moderator)