Building A Resilient Future: The Power Sector and The Clean Energy Transition
As 1-in-50 or 1-in-100-year extreme events increase in frequency—and society increasingly depends on electricity as the economy electrifies and decarbonizes—energy grid reliability and resilience will be paramount. This event will highlight the role that IIJA and IRA can play in enhancing resiliency efforts, explore key conclusions from a new study by C2ES on how companies can support communities in addressing climate resilience, and outline efforts electric companies are taking to address resiliency concerns, including EPRI’s Climate READi (Resilience and Adaptation Initiative) program.
- Lindsey Doyle, Climate Engagement Lead, USAID
- Nat Keohane, President, C2ES
- Ralph Izzo, Executive Chairman, PSEG
- Pedro Pizarro, President and CEO, Edison International
- Arshad Mansoor, President, EPRI