10 New Insights in Climate Science 2022 and the COP27 Agenda
This session is a deep dive into the 2022 10 New Insights in Climate Science Report that synthesizes 10 of the most essential scientific updates pertinent to climate change action for decision-makers across scales and sectors. Humans are not limited by our knowledge of the problem, by economic factors, or even technology, but by other obstacles in limiting global warming and achieving the goals of the Paris Agreement. Embracing a sense of the planet as a set of interconnected and integral commons might guide decision-making to hear the voiceless, empower the disempowered, build greater equity through thoughtful resource distribution, and otherwise engage in justice-oriented climate action. Panelists will connect the critical COP27 agenda with the findings curated and developed by more than 60 expert authors from around the world involved in the production of this report.
- Dr. Peter Schlosser, Vice President and Vice Provost, Julie Ann Wrigley Global Futures Laboratory, Arizona State University (Earth League)
- Prof. Johan Rockström, Director, Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (Earth League)
- Mr. Sefanaia Nawadra, Director General, Secretariat for the Pacific Regional Environment Programme
- Prof. Saleem Huq, International Centre for Climate Change and Development, Bangladesh
- Dr. Kristie L. Ebi, Professor in the Center for Health and the Global Environment, Future Earth Governing Council Co-Chair (Earth League)
- Dr. Joyashree Roy, Bangabandhu Chair Professor at Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand; Professor of Economics at Jadavpur University, Kolkata